Friday 13 September 2013

Orcs & Goblins update - Trolls!!!

After play testing trolls, I have decided tat these will be a permanent fixture in my army. I started work on those Mantic trolls and built 12 of them.


Assembly was fairly easy and mould lines were mostly in hard to see places, apart from one of the arm variants where it was in plain sight. 

I wanted my trolls to look somewhat dirty yellow. Hence, my basecoat was a very thinned down layer of desert yellow. However, it looked too flat and I added a second layer of thinned terracota to make it look darker. It still looks yellow now buy dirtier and more reddish.


 I am pleased with the color and can now proceed to the other details such as armor. 

Decided to do the armor black Orc style. Hence to start with base coat of black on all armor pieces. I did this using Vallejo black and must say the paint was smooth and easy to apply. However, I didn't think there would be so much armor per model and took me an hour to coat 2 trolls.

With 10 more, I am looking at another 5 hours just to base coat the armor. Yikes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment