Saturday 29 June 2013

Crackle 2 Go!

Ok. Managed to buy new materials to restart the project. At the hobby shop, I saw MDF boards which would probably not melt under high temperature. 

Assembled and primed the frame last night. Painted it this morning to kick-off the 24 hour wait for the crackle to form. This time round, I made sure I put in a thick layer of crackle paint, to make sure the warping does not occur again. 

At 0900 hours

At 1115 hours the next day. 


Crackling look much better, bigger more distinct cracks. No warping of individual pieces but still does not adhere to the base. But I am overall satisfied with the end product. 

Next step is to apply the washes to the cracks. Maybe I might apply a layer of gloss to it in order to make the ice stand out. Lets see how the inking goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment