Thursday 13 June 2013

Kick off project - Thundertask

All right!  Schools out. Back to my hobby. For my first project, I am going to carry on with my Thundertusk. I bought one kit and bought bits to have enough to build a stonehorn as well.


I read about an ice basing system from the following link 

http://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-How-to-Base-your-models?page=3

and was inspired to create the same with my Thundertusk. But I needed to create a small platform to give the base the water volume. 



Couple of months back, I also got the crackle paint and just today managed to get the balsa strips and Woodlands Scenic Easy Water to commence my project. 



Before my exam hiatus, i had already assembled the beast and magnetized the saddles as well as the banner for easy storage. Primed the whole lot last night. 



Have not done much for the riders though but they'll come later. 


Anyway, my first step would be to give the clown a big wash of brown or sepia to set the skin tone. Not sure how that would turn out. More updates to come later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment