Tuesday 13 August 2013

Go Team Singapore


As I am typing now, ETC 2013 is in its third day and the teams are now in the pairings of the 6th and final game of the tournament. 

Due to personal reasons, I was unable to attend this year, despite having the opportunity to do so. Although, I am in Singapore, my heart has flown with the team to Novi Sad. 

Owing to excellent organization this year, the team was able to stay in constant contact over Whatsapp due to availability of Wifi at the venue. I was also able to extract individual scoresheets from each round. 

Till now, my opinion is that our strikers are not doing as well as they should. We are also not having the best of luck, having already played 3 top tier teams - Germany (Round 1), England (Round 3) and Sweden (Round 5) out of 5 games. The other two games were with Northern Ireland and Serbia. 

The game against England was particularly close with a narrow 4 pt loss. 

The team is drawn to play against Team USA in game 6. 

Edit: Game 6 is complete and we had lost to USA, dropping our ranking to 18th. 

Individual results from each game posted below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment