Friday 16 August 2013

Orcs & Goblins - Rock Lobba


Came back from work early today and had chance to start work on my OnG army. 

Was eager to try assembling the warmachines first and started on my two rock lobbas. 

Got these 2 from Ramshackle Games, at 10€ a piece, which is a fraction of the cost of the GW version. 

However, what u pay for is what you get. The resin they used is not your typical gray resin but brown. It's brittle, had lots of flesh which I had to carefully chip away, less risking chipping away some parts I need.

It was also tacky to touch despite buying these more than 12 month ago and washing it with soap. Made adhering more difficult than it already is. 

Parts don't fit well and some degree of cutting was necessary to get the parts to fit. Hence, you will see that none of the wheels align correctly. My only saving grace is that since this belongs to an OnG army, some degree of non-conformity is acceptable. 

Best part is, superglue does not join the parts!!! I don't know why but they just refuse to stick to each other and I had to use epoxy to get them to stick to each other. 

Not as straightforward as I initially thought. It's definitely a good deal but the quality of the model is just no where near GW. 

Now I have to bloody wait 24 hours for the epoxy to dry before priming it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment